We all appreciate the people that surround us; spouses, children, family, friends, and co-workers. Our lives to a great extent are shaped by the people we spend time with, so it becomes critically important to understand who we focus our lives around.
Ed Mylett is the author of the book The Power of One More. In the book, Ed talks about the power of one more identity.
He defines our identity as the “thoughts, concepts, and beliefs we hold as the most genuine parts of our inner being.”
It causes us to think about the deep important parts of our inner being. Here are a few thoughts and take aways:
- Faith is a major asset in all areas of life.
- We need to check the temperature or our identity thermostats.
- Hang out with people who are set at 100 degrees not 50 degrees.
- Gain self-confidence by keeping the promises we make to ourselves.
- Self-confidence = Self-trust
- Net worth doesn’t = Self-worth
Let’s spend the valuable time we have in life with great people who can help us grow. We can then help others around us to be better in all aspects of life.