Fall harvest is an extremely busy and stressful time, however, extremely rewarding given the amount of effort and teamwork put forward into each seed planted to get to this point.
Countless hours were spent planning for each field, digging, picking rock, planting, scouting, spraying, cultivating, and then harvest, which means we are down our final pass or two on each field for the year.
We are extremely thankful for the opportunity to be in the agricultural industry and to do our part in helping feed the world for generations by producing and transporting food.
Basic Safety Reminders
- Use the Three-Point Rule: always keep three points of contact with the tractor/truck, either one hand and two feet, or two hands and one foot
- Adjust your seat and mirrors to provide maximum visibility
- Keep windows and mirrors clean and cabs/tractors clean of garbage
- Ensure working fire extinguisher is in trucks/tractors prior to harvest season
- Be aware of surroundings (weather/terrain) and adjust speed accordingly
- Stay focused on the task at hand to ensure the safety of yourself and others is not compromised
- Monitor operator fatigue as fatigue can lead to errors and accidents
- Do not sacrifice safety in any activity or event
We wish all a safe and plentiful harvest!