Below are just a few safety reminders that we went over as a team in preparation for the fall season.
- Use the Three-Point Rule: always keep three points of contact with the tractor/truck, either one
hand and two feet, or two feet and one hand.
- Adjust your seat and mirrors to provide maximum visibility.
- Keep windows and mirrors clean and cabs/tractors clean of garbage.
- Ensure working fire extinguisher is in trucks/tractors prior to harvest season.
- Be aware of surroundings (weather/terrain) and adjust speed accordingly.
- Stay focused on the task at hand to ensure the safety of yourself and others is not compromised.
- Monitor operator fatigue as fatigue can lead to errors and accidents.
- Do not sacrifice safety in any activity or event.
We wish all a safe and plentiful harvest!